Monday, October 24, 2011

Better late than never

No, I have not dropped off the face of the earth.  However when I realized it has been THREE (yes 3!) weeks since I last posted anything, I can certainly understand why some might think I had.  Bottom line is I have been busy trying to finish projects to have something to post.  I read several blogs and I have come to realize that many blogsters post very regularly, but often their topics include a variety of items other than DIY projects: pics of their vacations, news about their kids/families, or sometimes pictures of what they dream of some day doing.  To each his/her own ..... but I really don't want to post pics of my trips, kids or dreams, nor do I think you really want to see that sort of thing, you all do have your own.  So, when I do post (and I WILL try to do so on a weekly basis) I will always try to make it an actual DIY project in progress or completed.

This post should really be titled: How boring can a hallway be?  Trust me pretty boring!  The long hall that leads from the TV room down to the BR's and 2 of the baths, was dull, drab, dreary and the painting needed to improve it was well, dreadful.  That's a LOT of D's :)  So, first a couple before shots - and btw, I must admit that when I started I thought, can this hall really look all that much better?




Shot looking down the hallway - note the drab wall color, odd colored molding, flush brown doors and brown cabinet - a la 50's style.

This shot is from the back of the hall, looking toward the front BR's:



And now a few after shots: after 2 full days of 2 people (thanks DM) priming/painting 7 doors and all the
trim, the walls, ceiling, the 50's style cabinet and the baseboards.  Color choice...hmmmmmm.....let's brighten it up with WHITE and then add some art ( a la Courtney and Robert Novogratz) and paint that nasty cabinet, so that it just vanishes into the wall, until we demo that section of the house. 






So what do you think?  Does the dull, drab, dreary hallway look better?  I do believe it does! and yes....I am so happy that I decided to replace all those old ugly doors with something a bit more updated.  and yes, I am so glad that this project is done - because it was truly boring and seemed like an endless chore and gallons of white paint.

No comments: