Friday, November 4, 2011

Entry Happiness

When we first arrived at this little Ugly Duckling, it was a real toss-up as to what bugged me the most.  One of the things I knew would need a facelift, was the very homely entry.  Every day I walked in, or opened the door to an arriving guest it would bug me.  Soooooooo.......how do we make a cheap quick fix to another area that will eventually be ripped out?  Paint of course!  First, the before shots:




See what I mean?  It was pretty sad/gross looking.

Long term plans will require us to rip that closet out (the A/C system that once lived there has already been removed) and we will put new flooring through out the entry, LR, DR and kitchen, so this fix had to be something that would make it look a bit better just for now. 

After talking to my HD paint expert Jack, who is fast becoming a BFF, and buying 1 gallon of Behr porch paint for the floor,.....voila! After shots, are done with our Halloween decorations out, but you will see that my quick fix does indeed make it look much more cheerful each and every time I open that front door.



Don't mind the faux crows - the twins loved them - but they are not permanent!

 a shot of the 50's style cabinets, which will also be demolished when we renovate, for now  painted and sporting new knobs from IKEA.......ahhhh....they at least look a tad bit more updated for just the cost of the knobs.



So now I have a temporary fix that brings me "entry happiness" on a daily basis. 
Sometimes, it truly is the little things

No comments: