Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Moving sucks!

OK....NOTHING fun to report.  The last 6 days have been filled with non-stop packing, details related to getting out of our former home, movers, workers (behind schedule and irritated with the movers!), 1M boxes (ok maybe not 1M, but it feels like it) and last but not least, not enough hours in the day.  In the past 3 days, I have slept about 13 hours and am seriously running on empty.  Guess the best thing I can say is that I finished the moving out part today, am finally out of our former home and we are closing tomorrow.  Despite complete chaos, the next best thing I can report is that the twins came back today and both were very excited to be "home".  Not that it feels like home yet, but my dear friend and I worked hard today to finish at the other house, deal with the grumpy movers, the workers irritated by the grumpy movers, etc., to find the time today to at least try to somewhat pull their rooms together, in hopes that they were pleased to come here.  It worked.  Both ran in very excited to see the new digs and are now sleeping in their new rooms. 

With a million and one things still to do, I feel like Scarlett who is too tired to care and will "think about it tomorrow".  Will just close by saying that words cannot express how grateful I am to the one person who was here to help me through this horrid week.  Only the best of friend would fly from Atlanta, spend a week packing, sweating (did I mention our heat index has been over 100 degress during this move) and be sore, bruised and exhausted.  Thank you my dear friend....I could have NEVER done this without you.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Assuming you are talking about Connie. I only met her once in passing, but she has handed you a well-needed martini more than a few times since I have met you :) Glad to hear you are closing tomorrow and closing that chapter.