Monday, August 8, 2011

Packing, paint samples and a glass of wine...

My closing is a go, which means I have 8 days to pack all my worldly belongings and 2 children and get the heck out of here.  Needless to say, packing and moving is never a joyful experience and I am knee-deep in packing boxes and bubble-wrap.  Have I mentioned how boring packing is?  OK, 20 boxes down and about 70 more to go!  It's hard to get the house packed with children out of school for the summer.  How nervey, but they still want to eat, have outings and do fun things ..... and just about anything qualifies as fun, other than watching me pack.  I am offering "extra cash" for helping me pack and ok, only 1 of the twins is into the offer - but I figure it's better than none.  care to guess which twin?

So, about 5 pm I have had enough of the packing routine and the realization has set in that I have a very LONG way to go to get it all done before the movers arrive.  Hmmmmm.....I think I'll take a break.  what to do?  what would make me happy and improve my mood?  ahhhhh.....a trip to p/u my paint samples.  so off I go like a happy camper with paint chips and colors selected in tow.  Nothing like a trip to the paint store to restore my faith in the fact that once I get packed/moved the creative process can actually begin. 

I get stuck in after-work rush traffic but even that can't dampen my spirits.  I get home and think, yes, I do believe I truly am in a better mood.  so...let's just keep it going.  On goes my fav CD mix (thank you Connie!) and I pour a glass of wine.  Paint samples go on sticks for a test run and I think I love the colors.  Must admit that I have selected some paint samples from expert Bloggers much more well known than me, but hey, I feel no need to reinvent the wheel or go through 10 samples of gray, when I can look at their results and they share their magic colors.  So thank you to the Bloggers I follow for your excellent suggestions:



and in the upper right corner, you might spy the selected colors for the twin's rooms.  Care to guess which color pallette is for which twin? :)  Clue: One is my opinionated wild child and the other my more subdued, quiet/reflective child. 

Ok and just because so many of you asked for a peek at a couple of interior shots, I attach my soon-to-be new LR and my one of my very 50's retro bath.  Remember to keep the faith....there is a vision brewing.



and now for the bathroom (mind you this is the best of the 3 that await)



Back to my packing and ok, maybe one more glass of wine just to ensure my good mood lasts! :)

T


5 comments:

Unknown said...

Finally able to sign in to the blog! You have been busy :)
Paint chosen already.... You ARE good. Happy, happy to be able to follow!

Teri said...

so glad you could finally read the blog in English :) - can't wait for you to follow the progress and see it morph!

Stephanie said...

Thanks for a couple of the inside shots. It looks like it is in pretty good shape to get started. Would you agree?

Teri said...

well as for being in good shape to start - let's just say I'm a good photographer! No super close-ups :) The workers are there now putting in a new ceiling in the office, as the plaster one was beyond fixing, and they are frantically trying to get some of initial painting done before moving day...which is tomorrow! :)

Lizz said...

Finally able to get in with no hassle at all. I can't imagine where you find the time to do all that writing. Hope you have a nice glass of wine to help you along :)

Love the house and it looks pretty good to me, but you would know. And yes, you do take some nice shots. Keep up the good work. Looking forward to reading the next post.