Thursday, April 19, 2012

A little tweaking and now I have a desk

I wanted to share a little tweaking I did today.  After sitting at the DR table or with a laptop on my lap (while watching The Voice) - I decided that I wanted my own designated desk space.  The old secretary in the LR didn't give me enough space to spread out, so it really serves as more of a paper storage area.  Fast forward, to a discussion I recently had with my ex.  We have a deal that all furniture split up during the split would be offered to the other, should we ever want to part with it.  Turns out, he offered up a desk we once had in our former life together and I found the perfect place to put it. 

My tweak to the TV room, now has a desk facing the golf course and I love the view.  I shot of the true before:


Then after the room re-do:


And now after the "tweaking" done today to make space for the new desk:


The desk overlooks the golf course, so I can easily day-dream about improving my golf game


and while I really wanted my much loved orange lamp on the desk - the scale was wrong...


So I did the change up on the lamps and happily found the orange lamp a new space.


I'll close by saying a little tweaking is good for the soul..... I'm happy to have a new place for my laptop, with a view that allows me to dream of becoming a better golfer.

No comments: