Sunday, April 22, 2012

Habitat Restore finds

I recently dropped into our local Habitat Restore to see if there was anything interesting I could pick up for a dime.  It's always hit or miss.  This time I found a cute little table that could use a facelift and an abstract art project.  The table below was marked $35, but I talked them into taking $20.  It's solid wood and an improvement over one I saw at Target for $79, which was the least expensive little one I could find.

So my Habitat bargains before:


And my $2 framed abstract - a bit rough but hey it was only $2 and framed!


And after some elbow grease and a couple of cans of black spray paint, the afters:



My $2 painting looks good in the TV room and serves as a nice pop of color!
(there's a bit of a glare on the painting due to the flash-
sorry, still working on my camera skills)

No comments: