Saturday, September 28, 2013

Art hung at the beach place

Decided that hanging art comes first for me and actually finishing decorating rooms, well I guess doesn't come first.  Yes with rooms in the "not nearly done" phase, furniture and rugs yet to arrive and a ton of shit to do, today I thought to myself that if I could not actually pull the rooms together, I could at least play with hanging some art, some of which was already here.  I just love how I justify my thought process.

Hit a cool little gallery today and left with 2 pieces I love.  I even shopped and bought art with twins in tow - let's just say I felt extremely accomplished.  Normally, they would NOT be into me shopping for art and hanging with me through the process of selection and negotiation.

For your review, some of my newer pieces:


Love this painting and supporting local artists in the community.
 
Next up a painting on glass that will probably serve as the top of a bar cart.
 
 
The artist suggested lighting it from beneath the piece and told me it was beautiful when it was illuminated. 
I was honestly thinking that I thought this was a great idea, but at the same time I was also envisioning my blue martini glasses, a martini shaker and some vodka on top.
A useful piece of art! :)
 
Next up are two pieces we had commissioned specifically for this space:
 
 
They are each 48" x 48", so large in scale, but are in the LR on a large wall and I love them.  They just make me happy!
I also see something different almost every time I sit and stare at them.
I might add this is even before I drink the the martinis.
 
A shot of a painting the we recently purchased at an art fair:
 
 
The piece was framed by the artist in the stainless, which I might not have chosen myself, but actually do like the look.
 
and my last piece to share today, which was painted by an artist in Miami:
 
 
There's a story behind the painting that touches my heart, has to do with a very sick child and a parent who donated his work to support the mission who helped his son.  I purchased the painting due to the story I know behind it and also because in some odd way it reminds me of me and my twins.  I should add that this is despite the fact my daughter looks nothing like me, rather like her father and is not blond!
 
There you have it - while I probably should be trying to pull rooms together to show I am making progress, I'm just strolling around looking at my art and thinking to myself - yes we do need a DR table....but until we can find what we want, we at least have some beautiful paintings to enjoy.
 
Does art make you happy?  even if you are sitting in unfinished rooms?
For me the answer is a definite YES.
 
 


1 comment:

zolzetka said...

Love the art you picked, especially the fishy one !