Tuesday, September 17, 2013

The Beach Place

So, I now know people actually read this blog - because I barely mention that we bought a place at the beach and I got emails saying "show us the beach place"!  So, I figure why not bring my blog friends up to speed, despite the fact it's not all gorgeous on the interior (yet!).

Here's the story.  About a year ago we started looking for a little place at the beach that we could enjoy weekends at.  My initial thought was, how hard can this be? That was until I found out that what we were looking for was not exactly easy to find.  Quick determinations had us seeing places and ruling out what we did not want: a drive that was more than an hour from our house, a high rise building, a "cookie cutter" interior layout and a busy touristy area.  All of those are easy to find in FL and truly are a dime a dozen.  So we finally decide on the area we want - a very small beach community without buildings of mega proportion and a small village type feel.  Once we found the area we wanted, we quickly found that the inventory there was very low....especially because we did not want the standard cookie cutter model and wanted to be on the water with views from the LR and MBR.  Oh, did I mention we had a budget?  well we did!!  We looked and looked and just when I was about to throw in the towel on the whole idea (or area), we found something I thought could work.  The fabulous Mr. S was not quite as sold on the place as I was. I had to point out how different it could look if we got rid of all the bright canary yellow painted walls and dark wood trim.  He finally agreed that we could put our own stamp on it and that it did indeed have most of the things we wanted on our checklist.

So, here you go.  First a shot of the exterior of the building - as seen from the beach side:


 
It's a very private small building, which is shared.  The shared part is a good thing, as we also share the cost of the hurricane insurance.  If you know anything about FL coastal insurance, you know it's outrageously expensive.  Our place has 3 BRs and 3 baths (small baths, but full baths) and beautiful views.
 
 
This is the view from our LR and balcony.  LOVE the privacy and the little trail to the beach.
 
 
The beach is beautiful and perfect for looking for seashells early in the morning.  The twins and I have already started our little collection for a Christmas project we plan to do.
 
 
And every night we get to enjoy this view from our new little place.
And you just know that every night, there is a glass of wine in my hand while I'm watching the sun set and thinking.....life is finally good again.  It's been a long road.
Lastly, my 10 yr old daughter took this shot.  She also informed me that I should have a new photo of myself that shows my fun mom side vs. my professional head shot for work.  So she now think she's a budding photographer and is on a mission to show the new relaxed me....and get me up to speed with Instagram.  Yep, my twins are keeping me current!
 
Interior before and after shots soon, I promise. 


4 comments:

Katy said...

so so happy for ya!! :)

Teri said...

Thanks Katy. You're next with the beach place. Remember, drink margaritas through the entire building process! I can't wait to see what you do.

zolzetka said...

it looks fabulous and you will be able to relax ! :)

Teri said...

Thanks Z - I'm a new follower of your blog and laughed at your last post. too funny.....