Monday, September 9, 2013

I'm finally back!

So it's September already and I'm wondering exactly how that could be.  I remember mentioning 2013 would be the "year of the big merge" and ok, I'll blame my absence on that.  See how easy that was - I feel better already.

So yes, I did marry Mr. S and we did merge the 2 households this summer, which turned into a boatload of work in the 90+ heat.  The process of deciding what to keep, what to purge/donate/give-away was challenging, but for the most part I'm done with the bulk of that challenge.  I still have a storage bin area with a boatload of things I want to keep and they will be going to our new beach place just as soon as the workers are out of there.  But, I'm getting ahead of myself....

Let's begin my catch-up fest, by showing you a project that I can finally check off my to-do list.  Moved out of the interim house and was happy with the progress completed.  A couple of before exterior shots: 


And now a couple of after shots:
 
 
 
I can't take the credit for any of the exterior work, because daughter #2 (owner and her husband) were in the States this summer and oversaw the exterior painting.  What a difference a paint job can make.  Love it.
 
But I will give an award for my most favorite interior room transformation and it goes to
the LR.  Before/after shot below:
 
 
 
It's nice to look at a completed room and think yes, eventually I will complete others.
 
Ask me the real reason that I came back to the blog and I would have to tell the truth - I have resigned my professional gig and now may actually have time to enjoy all the things it's hard to do when you are a working solo mom with zero time.  and yes, I must give credit where credit is due - Mr. S convinced me I would LOVE being able to focus on family and fun.  Well, it didn't take that much convincing.  We also agreed to buy a little place at the beach, under the condition that "you have time to enjoy it"  (his exact words).  So, now I have no job but a funky little place at the beach and a brand new project.  It's not a real big ugly duckling, more of a mini-me ugly duckling, but a fun new project indeed.  So here's to future posts of finishing the merge/projects here at our home and shots of progress at the beach place, that's underway as well.  
 
It feels good to be back :)

 
 


3 comments:

Y said...

So nice to have you back! I forgot how much I love reading your blog. Looking forward to the next one!

zolzetka said...

yeay :) happy you are back !

Katy said...

oh I'm so happy for you! can't wait to see the beach place!!