Saturday, December 3, 2011

Twelve Days of Christmas - Day 2

OK, almost everyone has a room in their house where they just shove all the crap and think I'll get to that later.  Well when we arrived at TUD, for me it was the TV room.  Left over furniture, none of it matching or looking like it belonged anywhere, boxes, bolts of fabric....you name it and it and it was probably thrown in this room because the garage and storage units were already full.

so....I finally decide I can no longer stand the dreary little storage area and decide I will turn it into a TV room.  This was also the only place the large armoire with the TV would fit - so I suppose that was the deciding factor.
Although the room is not quite finished, I thought I would give you a shot of something funny. 

In my storage warehouse, I had a good Candice Olsen couch that was really comfortable.....so I have it picked up and brought over, thinking I could maybe slipcover it and it would be a good comfy (cheap) solution for the room.  As soon as it gets here, I realize that it won't fit through the opening to the room.  Does the term "trying to fit a square peg into a round hole" ring a bell with anyone?  Determined woman that I am - and only about an inch shy of shoving it through.....I saw off a piece of the door casing and with the help of my very strong ex-husband (who still helps me move furniture!!) we heave-ho it through.

Shot below is as it sits, once into the space and definitely in it's "I'm blue and don't match anything" state:


Truth is absolutely NOTHING matched in the room!  But ahhhh.....I did have a vision. 

See the couch after I put my Ballards Outlet (Atlanta) super-priced slipcover. Can you believe I got this slipcover for $16???? It's great to have friends in Atlanta that help me in the hunt - thanks CW.  It was not a perfect fit, so I retro-fitted it and it turned out pretty darn good :)





So now I have a sofa and an armoire.....it's definitely coming together.  Hope to have final shots of the room to you very soon.  Stay tuned!

2 comments:

Yvette said...

Ooh....2 posts in 3 days .... I like!!
Didn't recognize the gross green dungeon den. The sofa is beautiful! Can I assume that it won't fit back through those doors, so it must stay forever??? ;-)

Teri said...

Just read your comment and laughed. Yes the sofa probably won't fit back through the entryway...so it will most likely stay! :)