Monday, December 12, 2011

Twelve Days of Christmas - Day 4

For some strange reason, for the first time in my life - I am into orange.  Absolutely no idea why since I have never really been drawn to or used this color before.  Like many of us, we go through periods of time where we have our phase of a color.  Let's see, I have had my phase with blues, beiges/creams, peaches/corals and even some greens.  Orange just never really did it for me.....until now. 

While in Atlanta on a girlfriend visit (aka shopping trip), we are out hitting some of our favorite haunts and what do I stumble upon but an orange glass lamp with a lucite base.  Thought to myself....hmmmm....that could look great in a future place.  It certainly didn't go with the color scheme that I had going at the time.  But, I held myself back and walked away.  I return from ATL and open the newest issue of House Beautiful or Elle Decor and I see the most beautiful Italian glass lamps that very closely resemble the lamp I had sadly left behind.  Guess what shocked me the most was a) how close they were in appearance and b) the price on those in the magazine was $695.!!!

So what does a smart woman do?  She picks up her Iphone and calls her sister to ask if she will run down and pick up "my" orange lamp.  she agrees and later calls to tell me she has my large orange lamp at her place.  Then SHE opens the same magazine article I had seen and sees the price of the Italian version and immediately calls me to say "I know why you wanted me to go back and buy that lamp"!  guess I was happy that she was a little behind in her reading :)

The lamp also reminded me of one that Johnathan Adler (I adore him) has for $275.:

http://www.jonathanadler.com/optionlarges/17190_5724.jpg

except his did not have the lucite base and wasn't quite as cool of a shape.  Sorry Johnathan - please know I still adore you.

So - finally I get my coveted lamp from Atlanta and I say to myself "Hello Gorgeous"!  I LUV LUV LUV this lamp.  Can a person really LOVE a lamp???

Voila - take a look at my most loved lamp and the very best part of the happily ever after part of the orange lamp story is that the consignment store price was $37. and on top of that, my very sweet sister who picked it up for me, gave it to me for my birthday present.  Ballard's outlet lampshade, was hmmmm....I think $19. 

2 comments:

Yvette said...

That was better than my last romance novel :)

Teri said...

Well I would say that you should start reading better romance novels...but then I know you are living one, so I don't need to worry. glad you are liking your 12 Days of Christmas present - it's hard to find the time to do it with the holiday madness and our holiday party in 2 days. Yikes!