Monday, November 4, 2013

Door Love

Can a woman be in love with a door?  Guess I should say doors.  Yes, this weekend I decided I had a serious case of door love. 

When we bought our little beach place and I was going through the list of items that I wanted to change, the doors were seriously on the list.  The problem was they were good wood doors and it seemed sort of a waste to change them when there were so many other things on the list too.  So, a little change up was requested of my "man who can do anything".  I love him....and no it's not my husband :) 

So here is the plain blond, but perfectly good door in a before shot.  BORING!

 
I thought about just painting them white, but then thought I would end up with a ton of perfectly good, but still plain and boring, flush white doors.  So, Mr. Patient (the man who can do anything) came to my rescue and we decided that we could trim them out and then paint them.  Of course the wood trim I wanted was nowhere to be found and had to be milled.  So, I waited and waited and kept looking at the plain 'ol doors.  Finally, the wood came in and last week - they were trimmed and painted.  Voila - I give you the after:
 

 
 
They are still in the process of final coat of paint, but you can get the idea.
Did I mention there were a ton of them to do and he did both sides of each door, except in the closets. 
So when I walk into a room and close the door, I see the same trim/detail on both sides.
This was a time consuming project and one of the reasons I love working with Mr. Patient. 
You can sort of get an idea of how many are down 1 hall in this shot.  This only shows a portion of the doors on one floor. 
I think there were a total of 12 doors.
 
 
 
Now I should not end the post without a little shot of why I love the beach place. 
After a weekend of R&R without any kids, we got up on Sunday morning to a beautiful day,
 took a nice walk on the beach and enjoyed these.
 
 
I love a Sunday morning without children and with a good man and a good Bloody Mary.


2 comments:

Katy said...

aww great job on the doors, I love bloody marys to, ha ha!

Stephanie said...

I was wondering what was taking you so long to post an update. I love the doors!