Tuesday, September 6, 2011

A little Picker Sister action

If you have not yet tuned in to see one of my new favorite shows - The Picker Sisters (Tues nights at 10pm on Lifetime) - you really should try to check it out.  It's a show about 2 good friends who scout the country for "junk" that they then turn repurpose into fabulous treasures.  So.....last week my friend and I decided to hit the Habitat Restore for a guick look-see and zip, found absolutely nothing.  On the way home, I decided to take her buy a little house that's being re-habed, so we pull up to find a huge heap of trash waiting for pick up.  I quickly spot what might be a treasure, which was buried under a pile of debris. 

So, out I hop to take a look.  Yep, you guessed it....just like the Picker Sisters, we found something that could be quite useful at my ugly duckling project....see photos below.

Before:



And after:




Better than the Habitat Restore....a FREE garbage picked pedestal sink, which I plan to put in the utility area bathroom.  Odd but true, this little "find" put me in a good mood all day week long! 

sidenote: when I shared my story with the man in my world, he was a bit horrified that I was actually out picking through a trash heap.  Ok, so next time I find a treasure in a garbage heap, perhaps I'll just keep it to myself. :)




No comments: