Thursday, September 8, 2011

Progress.....one corner at a time!

Ok, so smart woman that I am, I have already concluded that if I am ever to post a room completely done, it may take so long that all of you will give up on me.  Hmmmmm......what to do?  Lightbulb moment: post "a corner at a time".  Surely I can get a corner done - post it - and then continue onto another corner, etc.  I mean come on, there are only 4 corners in a room right? :)

so, I have decided to send you shots of little snipets of my slow but sure progress.  First, a before shot of sort of a lost little table that had been cast off by it's former owner. 


Just so happened that I needed a small little table in a corner, for a very cute little lamp I recently purchased.  So, one can of spray paint and 10 minutes later, I had a fabulous little metalic-colored table, which was perfect for my very first completed corner.

and voila.......a corner of the LR is at least complete. 





And for those of you that are now thinking - hey, where's that little ugly duckling table - here you go




So now almost every morning, you'll find me sitting on the sofa drinking my coffee and gazing out at the beautiful golf course view .... or my ONE finished corner.  BTW, almost every evening, you'll find me having a glass of wine and doing the same thing!

Budget for corner:
1 can spray paint                              $2.98
2 books (Estate sale @ $1 each)       $2.00
Lamp from HomeGoods                   $24.99
All other items I already had from my former lives

Total spent: $30.00 

Now if all my other "corners" could just come in at this bargain-basement price, I would be sitting pretty.  Unfortunately - that's definitely NOT going to happen, but hey, a woman can dream.  The estimate for the pool in the little ok well maybe I should say large "corner" of the yard nearly put me into cardiac arrest!!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I like this concept!

Teri said...

Well after hearing the grumbling when I posted nothing during my move, I decided I had better do a better job :) feel like I'm back on track.

Yvette said...

Never knew a 'corner' could make me so happy ! :)