Thursday, September 22, 2011

A very important corner....The Bar!

Crazy wild week and so what do I decide to post about.....a very important corner, yes indeedy....it would be the bar!  OK, now while I fully understand that this might not be the most important corner to some and in actuality it really isn't in a corner (more like the middle of a wall) - hell, after how important it has been in my life since the move, I think it certainly ranks a post all to itself. 

So without further chat - a picture or two:


OK, truth # 1, it's not a real bar, rather a sideboard in the DR with a Pottery Bar tray filled with everything at the ready to make a quick martini when needed,  What more does a bar really need? 

Truth # 2 - this bar has had MUCH use since move-in day.

Truth # 3 - Although most of my friends love the fact that I have an open bar at the ready about 10 steps from the front door, the tray can be removed in a flash and hey....the DR looks like a normal DR with a boring table and sideboard ready to serve something other than a martini, like maybe a dinner. 

Truth # 4 - Dinner has yet to be served from the sideboard, but many martinis have been served.

and now for a really important announcement:

Truth #5 - "The Bar is Open"  as in always open!

and for those few who might like to see what this area looks like if it ever were to actually serve food - take a look at the below picture and just imagine the tray between the lamps gone.



Details: sideboard purchased years ago at a local consignment shop, lamps were super bargains at the Ballard's outlet in Atlanta at about $20 each (including the shade) and then I sprayed them with Rustoleum's Metalic Silver, tray from PB (maybe not a real bargain, but exactly what I was looking for so I bit the bullet), martini glasses were a gift from a friend, who knows me well (Thanks LM) and the very best part of the scene, the story of the mirror.  A friend and I went to an auction not intending to buy a thing and 2 hours later, we had both purchased chandeliers and she purchased a beautiful rug and this very large mirror.  The rug made it back to her home in Atlanta, but the mirror is so large, it's on loan at my place until she can find a moving truck heading her way.  I hope it's not for a very long time :) (Thanks CW)

3 comments:

SG said...

Still loving it. Giving me ideas along the way - who doesn't need an "open bar" side table?!?!

Teri said...

Let's face it, in my world it gets a LOT more use as a bar! :)

Yhh said...

I am smiling!! Beautiful! Am LOVING everything :-)
Btw , caught a glimpse of the curtains in the mirror - looks like the ones you showed me in the sample- Loving it!!!! :))))