Monday, September 12, 2011

Remote UD Project

Let me begin by saying that I really do not go out searching for other UD (Ugly Duckling) projects, but somehow they just find me.  Lord knows that I have quite enough to do here at MUD (My Ugly Duckling....ok, so now I know you all are catching onto my DIY lingo) - however there was a bathroom in bigtime need of a little nip tuck major facelift and I decided that I couldn't just walk away.  So, I wanted to share with you a couple of shots of the before, which you'll note is filled with dusty fake plants, green stenciled walls and what seemed like a million knick-knacks (all done by an ex-wife), to the after.....which truly much more accurately reflects the gentleman who happily now lives there without the ex-wife :)

Before:


After the facelift:



Very inexpensively transformed by painting the walls SW Gray Screen, the cabinets SW Dover White, new hardware for cabinets....stock item straight off the shelves Home Depot, and the beautiful Moroccan screen (sprayed, cut and installed by my great carpenter) was completely free.  It was a cast-off by my sister who found it at the SA and never could find quite the right spot for it.  Then again, she doesn't have any of those dusty plant shelves to fill in her very cool house!

OK.....back to my own UD!! 

No comments: