Friday, January 6, 2012

Let's repurpose vs. pitch

While I contently work on the many projects here at my current little ugly duckling - I also spend a fair amount of time working on projects for others.  This post will fall into that category. 

There once was a chair.  Sort of a homely little chair, but it was also a comfortable chair and certainly worth saving vs. pitching.  The question often comes down to expense.  Fabric and upholstering do not come cheap and often it is more affordable to just pitch the old and go out and buy new.  As was the case with the homely little chair.  After discussion and a trip or two to fabric stores - my wonderful Walt, the upholstery man, took this little ugly duckling and turned it into a swan.  And you know what?  I feel really good about "saving" the chair .....sort of like going paperless to save the trees.  The green side of me is coming out more and more!

Before: The Homely (but comfy) Little Chair



The After: Now being used and enjoyed as an office chair in the BR




Hard to see in this shot - but the contrasting piping in a chocolate paisley against the beige/gray pinstripe looks really fab.  I have also noticed that the little homely chair sits up just a little bit more proudly these days.....kind of like a lady after fully recovered from a facelift.

1 comment:

YH said...

Amazing before and after! I have to say that J reeeally liked the chair and seemed a bit "surprised" (jealous!) that this was a project for someone else :)