Saturday, January 28, 2012

Recent purchases that made me happy

Wondering if I found that camera cord?  Nope.  It's still missing.  The good news is that I had ordered my new Nikon from Amazon.com and it arrived.  now mind you, I had to read enough of the manual to actually take some photos, but mission accomplished and I did get some shots. 

So first up, on the guess what's made me happy lately column besides the fabulous new Nikon!).  A few recent purchases that all just please me.

Take a look:

A fabulous new book featuring 36 amazing places, which I plan to enjoy 1 chapter at a time.
If you have a chance to purchase this, I think it's woth the spend.  I found this copy at HomeGoods for $50.

Next up on the clearance aisle at Target:


I just loved these plastic-great-for-outdoors plates. 
 I bought all they had @ $1.48 each and am on the hunt for more.

Last but not least a cool little tin ice bucket:



Figure it will be great for BBQ's this spring/summer - outdoors chilling down a few bottles of white wine
or for my beer drinking family and friends....perhaps a bucket of cold beers.


Are you noticing a common theme here?  Yep, it's my "fix" for my love of orange these days. Still got my groove on for orange and I'm not even sure exactly why.  I have never ever used or even thought about enjoying this color until now.

So here's to HomeGoods and Target - 2 of my favorite stores for a quick pick-me-up.  I can almost always run in and find something cool and cheap.  Did I need any of these things?  well no, not really ....but why let that burst my bubble? 


No comments: